Studying abroad is a dream of many Nepalese Students. Students are curious to explore new culture, technology and tackle the situation arises while studying abroad. You need to apply for a student visa to enroll in a University or College either in Australia or UK. With the correct documents, you can find an easy visa for abroad study from Nepal too.
To enroll in a university or college you need to apply for a student visa (Sub Class 500) for Australia and Tier 4 Visa for the UK. You can find all the information about the requirements for an easy visa for abroad study here.
Student Visa (Sub Class 500)
The Student Visa (Sub Class 500) is a visa granted by Australian High Commission to study in Australian Colleges/ University to get an international education Certificate. It ensures up to 5 years of stay in Australia to study, in line with your enrolment. With this visa, you can enroll in any institution in Australia and can bring your dependent (i.e.spouse, child) with you while traveling to Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for Student Visa (Sub Class 500)
- Evidence of enrolment in a course of study.
- Meet English Language requirements.
- Must have Overseas Health Insurance from a certified Australian Insurance Company (i.e NIB or Bupa).
- Enough money for your stay.
- Have welfare arrangements, if you are under 18.
Process of Student Visa Application
- Be accepted for a full-time course.
- Start the Application.
- Pay the fee.
- Attend the visa interview.
Student Visa conditions include:
- Work Restrictions: 40 hours a fortnight.
- Maintain adequate arrangements for the education of your school-aged dependents.
- Inform provider of address.
- Maintaining welfare arrangements for minors.
- Proceed to meet the criteria for the grant of the visa.
- Study Limitations.
Cost of the Student visa 500.
The cost of the Student visa 500 is AUD 620 for the main applicant. A cost will be applied for each family member who appeals for the visa.
Processing time for the Student visa 500.
Processing times can change based on which sector you’re applying for.
- If you are applying for the Higher Education Sector, it takes between 75% of applications in 29 days and 90% of applications in 42 days.
- And if you are applying for Vocational Education and Training Sector: 75% of applications in 43 days and 90% of applications in 77 days.
Tier 4 Visa (Student Visa)
There are two student divisions under Tier 4 of the points-based system:
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa – This visa category implies for the students who choose the UK for higher education. To be eligible for this visa, applicants must have the age of 16 years and above.
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa – The student visa provided for children between the age of 4- 15 years falls under this category. The fact that children of age 4- 15 years can only be educated at Independent Fee-Paying Schools/ Private Schools, must be considered.
Requirements for Tier 4 Visa
- Tier 4 Student Visa Application Form
- A Valid Passport
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Proof of financial sufficiency
- Tuberculosis Test Result
- Criminal Report Certificate
- Parents’ / legal guardian’s Letter (students under 18 years of age)
- English language proficiency
- Unconditional written consent of the sponsor
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) Clearance Certificate to study certain subjects in the UK. (if required)
Process of Student Visa Application
There are many steps to apply for a UK Student Visa. For the UK Study Visa applications will be processed within three weeks after the complete application is submitted.
Step 1 – To check if you fulfill the eligibilities for the Student Visa Application.
You need to show that you have:
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) – a confirmed reservation at the school, university, or college where you plan to study. . CAS states that you have paid the tuition fee to the institution, have medical certificates and financial documents.
- Have enough money (also known as maintenance or funds) to cover your course fees and living costs in the UK. This includes 1-year tuition fees + 9-month living costs.
Step 2 – Get your documents ready
Step 3 – Apply online
The official UK Visa website would enable you to register and create an account. You would require to print and sign the completed application form after you have finished filling your application form online. To schedule an appointment at the visa application center, you need to select a reservation date from the online calendar. You will get an email that includes your application number after you have submitted the application form.
Step 4 – Pay your application fee.
There are four methods to handle your visa application fee.
- Make your fee payment at some branches of the Standard Chartered Bank. The bank will issue a demand draft in approval of The British High Commission.
- You can make your fee payment by preparing a demand draft issued by a nationalized or a foreign bank. Bank charges for this service will vary. The demand draft needs to be approved by The British High Commission.
- You can make the visa application fee payment at the visa application center when you submit your visa application.
- You can make your visa application payment online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
Step 5 – On the appointed date, visit the visa application center.
To submit your application, facial picture, and fingerprints, you should get a reservation and visit a visa application center appointed date and time.
Cost of Visa
The payment for the Tier 4 Student/General Visa is £348 and the methods of payment are given below.
- Payment via. Online using either a MasterCard or Visa card.
- Payment through demand draft at the visa application center and selected branches of Standard Chartered Bank.
- Payment through Cash at the visa application center and selected branches of Standard Chartered Bank.
We at Ved International will guide you through the visa application process so that you can receive an easy visa for abroad study. We are here for you if you need any support as a national/international student who wants to study in Australia, the USA, and the UK. If you’re thinking of going abroad for study, we will help you with all the processing steps for an easy visa. Please contact us if you need any help or information about studying in Australia.